Jeffrey Frisch Homepage Homepage from Jeffrey Frisch - Alpine Ski Canada Jeffrey Frisch Sponsors

Friday, September 9, 2011

"IT"

When I was just a young boy I knew already what I wanted to be when I grew up; A ski racer!!!!
Since I've had that in mind, all I wanted to do ( and still want to do ) is ski race. I love working out hard and pushing my self to the limit and, it's conveniently the only way to get to the top.

One of my first ski coaches told me once: " Talent will only help you reach a part of your journey. After that, it is your determination, hard work and your will that will make you succeed! Basicly, how much you really want "IT"! "
I started realizing at a young age that if you want something in life you have to breathe "IT", eat "IT" and sleep "IT"...
Obviously brakes and time off are as important as training hard, balance is key.

I find playing sports, especially competitive sports, is a life long lesson learned that will help you no matter what you decide to do in life.

It is nice to see athletes succeed in various sports on TV, but not a lot of people realize how much work and sacrifices are behind all of "IT". 
Being an athlete is a full time job. It's not easy to push your self to your best potential every single day, but as soon as you remind your self about your goal and how hard you worked to get this far, you stand up and keep going.

"IT" is who I am.

Check this video out for some inspiration.



Work hard.

Jeff



No comments:

Post a Comment