Jeffrey Frisch Homepage Homepage from Jeffrey Frisch - Alpine Ski Canada Jeffrey Frisch Sponsors

Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring races!?? Not really...

Yesterday I drove with a few friends from Winter Park to Breckenridge... 

Oh yea... I forgot to tell you, we were fully packed!!  And had to stop a few times to make sure we did not loose any of our stuff...

We were jammed in the truck as well, but thanks to our safe driver Chris we made it fine.


Now I am in Breckenridge Colorado, for two F.I.S. GS races. 
They are called spring series because it is spring time and it is suppose to be nice and warm. But this morning when I got to the parking lot at the hill,  I could not believe what was going on. It was -11 in the parking lot, and once I got to the top of the hill it was sooooooo windy, it felt like - 20....

I started with bib nr. 1 which is usually a great thing, but the snow was really bad.  It was like skiing on golf balls. Small little ice chunks mixed with some soft powder.  I was third after the first run. The second run was quite rough and I ended up fifth. I was not happy with this result today, I know I can do a lot better. I guess there has to be days like this though, so you can appreciate more the days when you ski fast and well.  


What a windy day!!




Chris and Charles trying to stay warm!!



Take a good look of the elevation sign witch was on the top of the chair....
FYI This is the highest start for a race on the F.I.S. circuit!!!

On the way to the top... 


During inspection.... as you can see there was crazy wind gust rolling in and out.


After the race we were still able to enjoy the sun, although it was still cold...

Tomorrow there is one more GS on the program, we will see what will happen... I hope the snow will be a bit better tomorrow.
Cheers,
Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment