Jeffrey Frisch Homepage Homepage from Jeffrey Frisch - Alpine Ski Canada Jeffrey Frisch Sponsors

Friday, February 26, 2010

The unbelievable happened....

I was training in Nakiska last week getting ready for the Olympics in Vancouver. 
Our coaches worked really hard on preparing the hill by injecting the whole course.
As it was one of the first times for me to train on a really icy course, I skied well and learned a lot.
On one of my last days of training, I slid on my side and as I wanted to push myself up with my hand, my left ski caught and I felt a tweak in my left knee.  Right away, I knew something was seriously wrong. 
I could not believe it! At this point I knew I would no longer be a part of the Olympics. 
I was really disappointed after all the work that I had done.
To make a long story short, I tore my ACL, had surgery, and now I am working on my recovery. 

I will keep you guys posted,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment